The origins of the Great Cockcrow Railway can be traced back to a private address
in Walton-on-Thames in 1946. However, in 1968 a move was made to the small village
of Lyne near Chertsey. The layout has continued to develop since moving to its present
The miniature railway is one of the most extensive of its kind in the country and
authentic operation is evident.The GCR is 7 ¼ inch gauge , and offers a choice of
two regular routes, served every few minutes. There is a special train, ‘The Gladesman’,
which covers both routes on its journey, and normally consists of a longer length
train and is double-headed with two engines.